Friday, January 2, 2009

Inspirations

There was always a bag in my dad's room, a weathered coarse leather bag full of cylinders with red velvet lining, their contents heavy but fragile, their delicate optics and light-bending glass. Photography was always a small interest of mine, but now that I own a decent camera I've been thrown into the world of prosumer cameras and marginally artful picture-taking. Maybe this blog will grow into a place to display a serious portfolio, but for now it should give you a look into the way I see the world through my camera. I'd also like to thank my friend Brendan for inspiring me to make my own blog; his new site, Brief Candle Photography, has some gorgeous modeling shots.

Over the next couple of days I'll be uploading a range of photos I've taken over the last couple of months since I started shooting with my Canon Rebel XTi and editing my shots with Apple's Aperture 2. The majority of these are taken with the XSi's 18-55mm image stabilized kit lens and some are taken with a Canon 50mm F1.4 lens. Any flash shots are done with the on-camera flash but I should soon have a 420EX for bounced light and diffusion.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment