Sunday, January 4, 2009

Life Soundtrack Project

One of my best introductions to real photography was my ART 141 class this term; I owe a big debt of gratitude to Michael McLean for teaching me a lot of the history of the trade. He assigned three very interesting assignments, one of which was to produce 5 11x7" prints connected to a short playlist of songs. The inspiration behind this project for me was the fact that I am almost always wearing my iPod and listening to music that represents my mood wherever I am, and these photos were an attempt to describe the link between my surroundings and the musical atmospheres I engage in. Music to look at these photos by includes Earth, 65daysofstatic, Kinski, Crystal Castles, and Youth Pictures of Florence Henderson.




















No comments:

Post a Comment